Tuesday 18 June 2013

How to make Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies



Ok, so the jury is still out on these. I have to be honest with you, I can't make my mind up whether I like them or not. The reason I chose to make them was to do with my quest to find yummy tasting treats that don't pile on the pounds. And this recipe boasted that these are under 50 calories each. Worth a try I thought. So I made them, and took them along to a class I was running, and my family and friends have tried them too. And I think it's fair to say we're split 50/50 into those that like them and those that don't. So you might just have to try them for yourself!  The original recipe I found was here.

Ingredients you will need:
3 ripe bananas mashes
20g oats
100g peanut butter (I used lower fat)
30g cocoa powder
100g unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
 
 
What you need to do:


1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl.
 

2. Mix them together until fully combined, then let it stand for 20 minutes.

 
3. Drop heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto ungreased baking paper on cookie trays.
 
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 170 degrees.

 
And this is what they'll look like when they're baked. Excuse the watery picture, it was very sunny in my kitchen when I took this picture!

And there you have it. Easy peasy to make, I'll leave the taste testing up to you and you can tell me what you think.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment