Thursday 20 February 2014

Birthday treat at Teacup Kitchen

Yesterday was my birthday. I won't divulge how old I was, but let's just say I was one step closer to 40!

For the last few years, I've used my birthday as an excuse to make a cake that I've wanted to try for a while. But this year I was kinda caked out. Last week was a busy one in the Bakehouse.

So we went to Teacup Kitchen on Thomas Street in Manchester.

My children (aged 5 and 7) had a large piece of Rainbow Cake between them. The cake slices are BIG, so one between them was more than enough.


It was like a battenburg style cake, jam in between the layers and wrapped in marzipan. And it certainly pleased the children :)

The other half and I plumped for cream tea with two different flavoured pots of tea, which also comes with free refills. There is a substantial range of teas to choose from, and we learnt ours needed four minutes to brew, being provided with an on the table egg style timer to make sure we left it for the optimal time. A very nice touch :)

The scone was delicious...

 
And certainly made a good replacement birthday cake!
 
I'd love to return here with some girlfriends, and we could try a selection of the cakes, the afternoon tea also looks very tempting!
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a mahoosive slice. Not been in teacup for a while. Found it a bit over priced at one point, but that was the meatball evenings so maybe I should revisit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that cake looks amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete